Thursday, June 02, 2005

Dreaming with an open eye

When we were young, my little brother (relatively speaking :P) collected coins. Every single coins that he earned, he never asked for them, one way or another, would be kept in a little tin can. After a couple of years and and several tin cans he just stoped. Nobody ever knew the reason why.
As it turns out, he had a dream of becoming like uncle Scrooge McDuck. You know, Donald Duck's uncle, the richest duck in the world. He wanted to be able to swim in a pool of money.
I never even learnt about his dream untill much later, and I heard it from my girl who is quite close to him. My girl also told me the reason he stoped. It was pretty much a common sense actually. He somehow come into light that coins are made of metal and it is inherently a hard and solid object. It would be difficult, not to mention painfull, to plunge oneself in to a pool of coins.
But the fact that he had a dream and actually made attempts to reach it facinates me.
I'm a dreamer, but yet i can't remember the last time I ever made any real efforts to make it come true.
Often I'd realise the futility of it a mile off, and throw those dreams away. Others are just too hard to accomplish, despite visible. While others are just not woth it.
So I end up living my life day by day, moving from one situation to the next.
Hmm...., maybe I should take a look at my dreams, and like my brother, try to make it come true. At least for a while, it give me a purpose. Some of it are quite visible and worthwhile, I'm sure, like this maybe?
Image hosted by Photobucket.com   

3 Comments:

Blogger lemongrass said...

kayanya emang harus kaya gitu deh. karena katanya sih orang yang sukses adalah orang yang bisa mewujudkan impiannya. jadi kita harus sama2 berusaha. oke?

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you read today's Kompas article on the Mazda CX7?

11:05 PM  
Blogger Nicolo D'Albergati D. Ch. said...

Hi there Bavalova! thank you for dropping by! btw, what's your blog address? I would like to pay you a visit as well...

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google