Monday, March 27, 2006

Jumping in, up and running, only to stagger

Finally, my first day at the new office. I have to be honest, it’s not quite as I expected. Kind of disappointing, if anyone would care to ask me.

First of all, my desk used to belong to someone who left quite in a hurry. There are all kinds of odd stuff lying around, from which I have deduced that the previous owner of this table was a woman. So far I have found 2 packs of panties, 3 couple photographs, some gaple card, several toys (none of it are sex related), and other useless things. But the worst turn off is the fact that my desk computer is a Pentium III with just 4 Gs hard disk memory and a 64 MB RAM running a 98 Windows.
AND I CAN’T FRIKING SMOKE ON MY DESK!!!

The creative department is tucked on one of the corner part of the office with no planning at all. The room looks a lot like my old room at Lambang Biru, I’m sure some of you can gratify the situation at hand. Only half of the computers here are connected, so whenever you need to pass a file or anything, you have got to have a flash disk or something.
And the worst part is…
ONLY ONE COMPUTER IS CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET!!!

Now I’m not gonna start yapping about the system here. I haven’t been here long enough to say anything. But it doesn’t look good though. My first impression is that there is a kind of attitude that undermines the importance of good creative.
Off course, when you put it all in a perspective, there’s a stint of challenge and ship load of opportunity. But it will take one hell of a commitment and consistency from my part. To kick stuff around and shape things up, or down.
Or I can just pack my bag and get the hell out of Dodge….

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome aboard sarge, this may not be the best ship around, and the wind's unfriendly. can't ensure it will be a smooth sail ahead. but this is the ship you're landing on. so it's either you jump off the board, or you'll enjoy the ship.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah nik.. sekarang lo udah ngga di New flavor lagi???
Kok pindah?
-kate

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sekarang dimana Nic?

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww come on its not that bad... the creative pit is filled with just the right mix of endangered animals that the fun never stops! :p

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google