Tuesday, February 07, 2006

God Help Us....

I'm feeling a bit down lately, and I've just found out why.

You see..., I was born a Catholic, raised a Catholic, and so far has been suspected to die a Catholic as well. But yet, somehow I've lost contact with my root. The reason for this phenomenon I believe, is the lack of a patron saint for my current profession as a copywriter in an advertizing agency.

Roman Catholic has patron saints for almost every profession known to men, and women. Some profession even enjoy the patronage of several saints. But so far I haven't been able to find a patron saint for people working in advertizing.

This is outrageous. I mean, advertizing job is said to be tha second most stressfull job in the world, the first place goes to air traffic controller who also don't have a patron saint (poor bunch of SOBs), and we don't have anyone up there looking after us!

Isn't there any among the hundreds of Creative Directors, Copywriters, Art Directors, Account Executive, or Graphic Designers, or anybody else working in an Ad agency good enough to be a saint? I know many of my fellow advertizing man has created a few miracle of some sort. Like making a ciggarete designed for women a symbol of American masculinity and independence, or made a pair of snicker produced in a third world country worth the same as the average income of such country.

If those are not enough miracle to make one a holy man, at least it should be enough to make a man say "holy %$#*!!!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once googled for "patron saint advertising" and I got something; I'll let you know if I manage to find it again among my bookmarks (either of the normal or del.icio.us variety)

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google