Thursday, August 18, 2005

A quickie

A recent brainstorming sesion has bring forth a disturbing question.

Every religion has told us that as a reward for our faith, God will give us blessing, a gift, a barokah, rahmat. What would happen when there is no such thing, no reward for our faith but to return to His/Her side when our time comes. No Heaven or Hell to speak of, just be with or without God

Would you still follow your religion? Would I still follow mine? Are we that greedy?
Does God have to lure us with certain benefits by doing certain rituals?

*sigh* Too heavy a thought to be asked, I guess...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jika surga dan neraka
tak pernah ada
masih kah kau
bersujud kepada-Nya?


-Chrisye & Ahmad Dani

10:19 PM  
Blogger Nicolo D'Albergati D. Ch. said...

Fer, emang loe perlu sujud kalo ketemu g?

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apa? Nicolo... adalah Tuhan?!?!?

Aaarghh!!! Tidak!!! Kau telah hancurkan integritas intelektualitaskuh!!! Tidaaaaakh...!!!

[/me mulai gila. Eh, emang udah dari dulu yah? silly me :p]

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I'd still follow The One (matrix-freak, lol).

Besides, I consider Him more than a religion. The whole blessing thing is just blessing, they're exactly what they are named. Gifts. Not really a reward. They're bonus.

The real deal is to get in touch with the Ultimate. No religion in the world can guarantee that. It's about a personal spiritual quest. Religion is just a facade; too shallow to feel. We need to experience it to know what's it all about.

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

god or no god, pahala of no pahala, i'll still uphold my beliefs and follow the path i'm following. simply because nobody but me will take the path i'm following... that's it. who'll wear my shoes if not me myself?

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm...nice post, nic! You're talking like a true sufi!

Rabi'ah al-Adawiyah once said,

"O my Lord, if I worship Thee from fear from hell, burn me in hell.
And if i worship Thee from hope of paradise, exclude me thence: But if I worship Thee for Thine own sake, then withhold not from me Thine Eternal Beauty"

It's a beautiful thought, isn't it?
To worship God not to get the barokah, but to be in one with the God itself.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Word.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google