Friday, August 05, 2005

song of the moments

Now I'm not the kind of guy who like to explain what it means or supposed to mean. But I'm sure every now and then each and every one of us would have surely met a girl like her.

AUDREY WAS HER NAME

And Audrey was her name,
a not so very ordinary girl or name.
But who's to blame for a love that wouldn't
bloom for the hearts that never played in tune.
Like a lovely melody that everyone can sing,
take away the words that rhyme it doesn't mean a single thing.

And Audrey was her name.
We tripped the light and danced together to the moon,
but where was June. No it never came around.
If it did it never made a sound,
maybe I was absent or was listening to fast,
catching all the words, but then the meaning going past,
but god I miss the girl, and I'd go a thousand
times around the world just to be closer the her than to me.

And Audrey was her name,
I never knew her, but I loved her just the same,
I loved her name.
Wish that I had found the way
and the reasons that would make her stay.
I have learned to lead a life apart from all the rest.
If I can't have the one I want, I'll do without the best.
But how I miss the girl and I'd go a million
times around the world just to say she had been mine for a day...


PS: Say big guy..., could you deal with legal thingies here? I'm not good about rights & regulations you know... hehehe....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes its illegal (you don't have the author's permission to publish the lyrics here). But you can find the lyrics everywhere on the 'Net. So...

11:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you know something, I just read a review of Lessig's Free Culture, done by one Lawrence Solum and posted on the Social Science Research Network papers repository, emphasising the diference between copyright law and copyright norms... Simplistically it means something like, "if everybody else is doing it why shouldn't we?"

If you have spare brain cells to burn, you might wanna download it from the paper's download page.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is the title of this song? and who sang it?

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google