Wednesday, August 10, 2005

my 2 cents on Indonesia

A while back (sorry for the understatement), a friend of mine (my dear Bavalova) asked me to tell her about Indonesia.
It took me a long time (yes, very long time, I'm sorry) to decide how or what is it about Indonesia that i want to tell her. And in the end, she still haven't got any email from me.
The truth be known..., I don't know a god-damn-thing about this country of mine. Every thing seem to be in contradiction with one another.
For a start Indonesia is an archipelago consisting thuosands of island. Yet only about a third of it are populated, and about half of the population life in only three island, that will be Java, Sumatra, and Bali. What in the hell happened to the rest?
Indonesia streches from east to west as wide as the north american continent and it's been to hold a wonderful natural beauty and lustfull tropical forest. But I bet you couldn't find anything better about Indonesia tourist destination than Bali Island (which is actually one of the smallest island).
Indonesia's natural resources is one of the richest in the world. We have everything that a nation could ever need to survive on its own. But yet Indonesia rank as one of the poorest country in the world.
The people of Indonesia consist of thousand of different ethnics and cultures, an antrophologist heaven. The constitution acknowledges five differents religion and support any beliefs in the all-mighty God. We should have been the model for harmoniuos living. Yet somehow, the last thing we are capable of is living together.

Aw hell..., I don't mean to be bitter. This is my country, a beautiful country, and I'm proud of it! But there are just so many thing that went wrong you can help but felling frustated.

Btw, Indonesia independence day is August 17...
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! DIRGAHAYU INDONESIAKU!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I'd like to add one more: do you know that you can actually delete comments? Look in your Dashboard. You gotta love spam :p

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waw, kok banyak spam ya di blogger, baru tau gue. hehehe..

anyways, to bitter is to sin, unless if it's about Indonesia.

LOL

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google