Monday, April 04, 2005

A wingless night

It was almost one when I finally decided to go to bed. Out side, I can still hear mom and dad talking to my little brother halfway around the world in Germany. None of it concern me. All I want was to lie down and die, not actually though.
But after a long day what else could youwant?

As I lay me down to sleep, strange thoughts started to flood in to my mind. Nothing new. I always tell myself stories to help me sleep. Sometimes action stories, romantic stories, some times even erotic. They always started the same way, strange thought flooded in to my head.

Half way trough consciousness, I realize something was amiss. Instead of being drifted all the way in to blissful sleep, I found myself hovering in between. A state of being that's neither awake nor asleep. where the images both real and not converge.

In this transitional world my mind suddenly became aware of it self, just as it lost contact with my body. My mind scanned my darkened room to find some meaning and understanding, but since it no longer had any control of my body, it can only see what my eyes allowed it to see. And that was when the horror started happening. The strange though starting to materilize in front of my stiffened body.

I tried, no, my mind tried to order my body to move. Tried to chase the strange thought away. but the strage thought were persistent. One of them, an old man whom I recognized but couldn't tell, started laughing. It mocked my disability to move and chased it away

I couldn't tell how long has time passed. for all I now it could've been an eternity. I tried to move my body to no avail. tried to move my limbs with the same result. All along the old man that was my strange thought laughed at me. 'What is happening?' I asked myself. Instead of cruising through dreamlands and rise with the sun, I found myself trapped in a wingless night.

Finally after a great struggle, I was able to move my fingers. As I was able to unclutch them, the whole transitional world disapear and I was left in my room. Still in lying in my bed in the same position as I first laid down. The only difference was my hands are unclucth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google